[AccessD] Access on a tablet

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Tue Oct 22 13:31:04 CDT 2013

 Tablets haven't had the horse power to run windows style apps well.   What
you looking for is a net book that masquerades as a tablet<g>

So besides the Microsoft Surface mentioned, you also have things like:

http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-ThinkPad-33476LU-13-Inch-Convertible/dp/B00BFFD
F3I/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1382466325&sr=8-6&keywords=lenovo+ultrabook

The screen twists, then folds flat and viola, a "tablet".

I've got one client where the president has one of these.  I was playing
with it just last week and I think it will be my next purchase.  13" screen,
8GB of memory, and an i7 processor.  Runs everything fine.  Pretty light
weight too even though it's really not a tablet.

Jim.