[AccessD] Digital signing

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Thu Oct 31 10:42:36 CDT 2013

Thanks Jim.  I'll forward.

From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Jim Hewson
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2013 8:29 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Digital signing

Rocky,
I ran across that message about a year or so ago. What I found out is that
it has to do with external programs that has nothing to do with Access. In
my case it had to with ActivClient and another program called Regent... or
something like that. ActivClient controls certificates for the individual.

Another possibility... is Group Policies on Windows. In my case, IT
Configuration Management turned OFF all Trusted Locations and Disabled ALL
Macros.  The result is that every time a person opens any Access file with
code the user will get a message stating there is a security risk.  The
other part is that every time Access accesses the BE they get the same
security risk message.

There's nothing that can be done about either case. Both have to be dealt
with through the IT department.

HTH
Jim