[AccessD] adp

Anita Smith anita at ddisolutions.com.au
Thu Oct 31 16:57:35 CDT 2013

Arthur,
Nice to see you still here :-)

I've gone as far as 2010 and I think I will stop there. I've been using a very nice Grid (Janus Grid) in all my applications that will not work in a 64 bit environment. I almost fainted one day when a client installed Access 2013 and found that my adp no longer worked. Lucky for me I was able to install a 32 bit runtime version of Access 2010 alongside their full  installation of Office 2013 - Phew! I'm now wondering how long that will work for. I guess another 10 years after which time I'll will have retired to some tropical island anyway ;-)

Anita Smith

This is news to me, Anita, but not surprisiing. MS has pretty much abandoned Access as a platform for developers, it would seem. Despite the fact that the ADP format remains the finest way to address an instance of SQL Server.

In short, stick with what you already have. I stopped upgrading at Office 2007, which works nicely with ADPs. Personally, I have switched horses and now devote my hours to mastering Alpha Anywhere. But I still have clients for whom I wrote Access apps, so I'll never be gone from this field of endeavour.

Arthur