[AccessD] Deployment Advice

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Fri Sep 20 23:36:47 CDT 2013

Dear Lists:

I have a client for who I have developed an app that runs his business.  The
business is commercial real estate appraisal.  Now he wants to turn this app
into a product and sell it to other commercial real estate appraisal
companies.  I gave him a copy of my book and told him to read it and if he
still wanted to do this, we'd talk.  He is undeterred.

So the question is how best to deploy and distribute the app.

The app was developed in A2003 and he wants to stay with 2003.

The target user may or may not have Access so a run-time is required.

At the moment I own Wise/Sagekey and can create a script for him and so I
can make installable exe files - both for Access and run-time.

But that means he's tied to me to make product.  He's not worried about this
but I don't want the responsibility.  I'm trying to be an old retired guy,
you know.

BTW Wise is out of business - the Wise Installer is no longer supported.
Not a problem in the short run - the product works just fine.

So what are my alternatives?

MTIA

Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software