[AccessD] Takes FOREVER to save

John W Colby jwcolby at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 14:31:09 CDT 2013

Yea, me too.  This one I am just helping the guy on.

And yea, it did not fix ALL long save times.

I think that Access compiles all queries for many changes.  If the time to work through those
compiles is long then it adds up.

I had one odbc table link to SQL Server which whenever I ran a find and replace, it would hang for
minutes on the query using that linked table.  I ended up doing a pass through and using that
instead of the table, deleted the table, now F&R runs lightning fast again.

These kinds of things are just strange.

John W. Colby

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it