[AccessD] Write Conflict

Bill Benson bensonforums at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 10:41:03 CDT 2014

Not only was my early response unlikely to have any merit, but I am all the
more embarrassed finding I must take a chance this may make a repeat
appearance. I got a response back telling me my reply was awaiting
moderator admittance because some freakish cc was in the address ...

Anyway in the event that Dan's method does not solve your issue, you can
have my swag here:

I have in these situations tried (usually works) to change the record
source of the subform control to blank, in the before update of the parent,
then reset it as it was in the after update.

I do not recall the complete mechanism nor why it was really required.
There may too have been some code to help me retain, then find again, the
subform's position and reapply any filtering that might have been present
(the latter being the biggest PIA)

Btw (and this some new verbiage) I wonder if your situation would be
benefited by using John's class module methods.