[AccessD] Unrecognized Database Format (Access 2007) ? Virus Infection

Brad Marks BradM at blackforestltd.com
Wed Apr 2 20:02:08 CDT 2014

All,

Unfortunately, the small firm that I work for part time was infected with a nasty virus last week.  This virus has somehow changed a large number of Word, Excel, PDF, and Access 2007 files so that they cannot be opened.

For several years, virus prevention responsibilities have been outsourced to a local independent contractor.  He has been onsite all week and is pulling his hair out.  A virus protection package called Bit-Defender has been in use for a couple years.

I know that this is a long shot, but I thought that someone here on AccessD may have run into this same problem.  I am not responsible for virus prevention, but I would like to help solve this mystery.

Thanks,
Brad