[AccessD] System Resources exceeded Ac-2010

Bill Benson bensonforums at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 15:48:54 CDT 2014

And now for something completely different... I tried to create a LARGE
table in Access by importing a large Excel worksheet. It was 65000 rows by
11 columns, and each cell had 1020 characters in it. Access created each
field as Memo on import.

Access did not tell me that system resources were exceeded during the
import, but since creation of the table, it will not open it. The error is
"System resource exceeded."

However, I have 3.5 of my original 4GB ram still available. Access itself is
using only ______ and the database is 152MB large by testing
   Filelen(currentdb.name)
     151515136

Strange things are happening like I cannot even copy text out of the
immediate window and paste it here in this message.

When I killed Access my physical memory dropped from 4.36 to 4.26 (a RAM
consumption of 100MB).

When I re-started Access and re-opened the database, all data was present
and accounted for.

And I can now copy and paste from the immediate window to this message.

What system resource is Access being constrained by?