[AccessD] Checking for Records in Recordsets

Darryl Collins darryl at whittleconsulting.com.au
Sun Apr 13 20:49:24 CDT 2014

Hi David,

I use "IF rstTemp.recordcount > 0" rather than EOF when I do this sort of thing.

I would normally test if recordcount > 0 = TRUE before trying to do anything with the control source.

If you just care if it has 'something' in the RS than count will do.  You need an accurate count you need to test something exists and then .movelast, .movefirst.

In air code.

Check if rs.recordcount > 0
If TRUE then do your thing with the form
If FALSE try the next RS or something else.

Hope that helps
Cheers
Darryl.