[AccessD] Ribbon

Anita Smith anita at ddisolutions.com.au
Tue Apr 29 18:47:38 CDT 2014

Hi fellow earthlings,
While solving a problem one of my users have encountered after updating to Access 2010 runtime I came across some nifty ribbon shenanigans that I have filed under useful stuff.

Her problem was that the Access 2010 runtime Print Preview toolbar was missing exports to Word and Excel among other items. I had no option than to dive into research on  how to solve this highly annoying 'feature'. Anyhow - I came across a way to quickly create custom ribbons using a system table and XML. In no time I had a new Print Preview Ribbon up and running and as an added bonus I also got rid of the main ribbon for the whole application using this method.

As I have not had time to read and follow all AccessD threads, I don't know if this is common knowledge here.

Anyhow - I'll be happy to elaborate further should anyone have a need.

Anita Smith