[AccessD] Error creating emails in Outlook in Win8 -- SOLVED

Carolyn Johnson cjlabs at att.net
Sat Aug 23 13:44:23 CDT 2014

I finally had time to update one of my Win8 computers to Win8.1 and was able to reproduce the error.  It's definitely Win 8.1 -- I reverting back to Win 8, and did the Win 8 updates, and it worked with bothof those configurations.  Put Win8.1 back on and it doesn't work.

The information from one of my users that it was the attachments was incorrect.

After commenting a bunch of stuff out that wasn't related to creating the email itself, I found:

My code had
    .Body = Form_fdlgSendEmail.txtBody

referring to the form which calls the sub

For some reason Win 8.1 does not like this.   I've fixed it with

    strBody = Form_fdlgSendEmail.txtBody
    .body = strBody

Carolyn Johnson