[AccessD] Normalization discussion

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 10:39:10 CDT 2014

Right now, most of my foreign keys in the parent table are simple lookups.
For instance, species -- each individual has a species and those are in a
child table. We'll update that table infrequently -- only if we add a new
species. We have several individuals of each species. Another is gender --
female and male, but the parent table has a foreign key to the gender
table. (Gender's probably overkill, but I'm on autopilot I think). I'm also
tracking acquisition method -- there are only three, so again, it's a
lookup table and not a true child table.

Susan H.

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 10:18 AM, Charlotte Foust <charlotte.foust at gmail.com