[AccessD] Change Order within Access 2007 Report Group - Need to Execute Command Two Times to See Results

Brad Marks bradm at blackforestltd.com
Thu Dec 11 16:36:35 CST 2014

Charlotte,

I am opening the report in "Report View" (Access 2007).

The report has two buttons in the Page Header.  One for Sort Ascending, the second one for Sort Descending.

Here is the code tied to the two buttons.

'~~~~~~~~~~~
Private Sub CommandAscending _Click()
Me.GroupLevel(0).SortOrder = False ' Ascending
Me.GroupLevel(0).SortOrder = False ' Ascending
End Sub

Private Sub CommandDescending _Click()
Me.GroupLevel(0).SortOrder = True ' Descending
Me.GroupLevel(0).SortOrder = True ' Descending
End Sub

The Group Sort is changed properly when the commands are executed two times as shown in the code above.

The change to the Group Sort is not done when the commands are only executed one time.

Thanks for your help,

Brad