[AccessD] This seems to get me often

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Tue Dec 23 17:04:32 CST 2014

Hi,

I do keep having this sort of problem to solve.  An example would be
that a donor could be an individual or an organization.  So, a donation
record might have an individual ID as an FK or it might have an
organization ID as an FK.  I'm uncomfortable with setting up a table
where one of two FKs will be blank.  Another example would be that a
client of a law firm could be an individual or an organization.  Another
example would be that a telephone could be associated with an
individual, or a household, or an organization. What is the logical way
to handle these?  What am I not seeing?

Thanks for your guidance.

TNF

--