[AccessD] This seems to get me often

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 19:16:07 CST 2014

Wow, thanks for the memories, John. It's been a while since I walked this
avenue, but I shall try again. Orgs and People are different entitities.
Granted, an org can possibly donate on behalf of itself, but you do not
want to put them (orgs and people) into one table, IMO. Which complicates
the lookup, I recognize that, but we must plod on. We could put them all
into a single table and have a flag that distinguished orgs from people,
and then have queries that respect said flag and behave accordingly. Some
orgs are principally identified with persons (the Bill Gates foundation for
example) but many are not. Then the question becomes, to whom am I
addressing this communique? To a person associated with Org #123 or to the
Org in general? My take on this is that there is always at least one person
who represents the Org of interest. IOW, there is an Org table which may
have one+ Persons associated with it. That's the safest way to go.

Arthur

Arthur