[AccessD] trying to filter a form on a control's value

Bill Benson bensonforums at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 19:11:23 CST 2014

Thanks for presenting ideas, however to elevate them to a status of
"solution(s)" to the problem which I originally presented -- and frankly,
which I no longer have because I have stopped giving a damn - is either to
(1) not address my ignorance of how and why they apply to someone wanting
to filter forms, not controls (ie, it was mentioned before about altering
the rowsource of the control, which I have no need nor intention to do) or
(2) is demonstrating that people are really not clear what it is I had set
out to do.

I am more than willing to keep up an effort to correspond, but am utterly
lost as to how anything so far mentioned is going to help me cause the form
to dynamically filter itself if/when the combo boxes change and ONLY if the
filter toggle button I placed on the form is in the True state; and to
relinquish the filter, without affecting any of the combo boxes, when that
state becomes false again - without use of events for the combos and for
the toggle button.

Is this thread getting hijacked I wonder? If not, if these Tempvars and
classes in ANY way make filtering a dynamic activity that makes tying the
filter to a control and then "forgetting" about it in terms of events,
letting "variables" or "classes" take over - then please make that case,
make it clearly, perhaps present an example, and yes, I will prepare myself
to be amazed and well pleased.

Thanks for your kind attention colleagues!