[AccessD] [dba-Tech] SQLite

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Wed Feb 5 15:06:05 CST 2014

SQLite is a single user, embedded database engine. It is the default engine which comes on
all Android devices.  In Windows, it is a single DLL.

I've written several applications for transferring data between Access/SQL Server and
SQLite.(using PowerBASIC) for moving data between tablets and Windows, but not
interfaced with it directly through Access.  The problem is that Access is multi-user and
SQLite is single user.

If your Access application is single user, you can download and instal the SQLite3 ODBC
driver and  then just use your SQLIte database file as an ODBC source, but be very careful if
it is multi-user.