[AccessD] Alpha Proficiency Package

Tony Septav TSeptav at Uniserve.com
Tue Feb 11 16:09:48 CST 2014

Hey Arthur
Not me, I do not vary from a product I have chosen. Alpha is what I will
learn. In the past I looked and tried many different database formats (old
fart even saying I tried DBase). I was good in these different formats but
not proficient. Went through a learning curve at the time (Paradox was my
favourite) and settled on ACCESS. I found, select a format and go for it and
support it, forget about the others. Otherwise with so many products out
there and I know everyone on this list could recommend their new favourite
with pros and cons you just go around in circles. I am an old fart not like
the youngies, I no longer have the time. Just got to shut the outside static
out and concentrate.

Tony Septav
Nanaimo, BC
Canada

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: February-11-14 3:48 PM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Alpha Proficiency Package

Tony,

Speaking of abandoning Access, lately I have been reading Base Handbook, a
230-page PDF describing Base, the LibreOffice equivalent of Access, sort
of. It doesn't have a VBA equivalent, but it does have powerful macros. and
it hooks to the other LibreOffice components as well as Excel. I'd call it
the Linux equivalent of Access. So, for some applications, one could kill
two birds with one stone - eliminate Office, including Access, and Windows
as well, without having to resort to Wine.

A.

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 4:40 PM, Tony Septav <TSeptav at uniserve.com> wrote:

> Hey Arthur
> I look at MicroSoft, who bring out new releases of Office. Have they ever
> listened to the ACCESS developers, not on your life.  You end up buying
the
> new release of Office and they have left the ACCESS developers out in the
> cold. As I have listened to on this list everyone has been disappointed
> with
> many of the new releases.
> Who would stay with a sinking ship. Sorry I am not a proponent of ACCESS
> any
> longer, it has become a dinosaur that has died, am I mad "Yes I am".
Before
> I get flamed, as I mentioned I loved developing in ACCESS for over 20
> years.
> But reality says (as I see with many old ACCESS friends on the list) it is
> time to move on.

-----
No virus found in this message.