[AccessD] Ramblings of a nutcase

Gary Kjos garykjos at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 12:12:54 CST 2014

People still do real work on computers?  ;-)

I have a Win 8.1 system I just built as the music server for my home
theater setup. So I'm not doing work work on it. I run Windows Media Player
and Itunes and VLC Media player and Firefox for Internet Browsing and web
based email and such. It works OK for what I am using it for. Have 65 inch
DLP monitor as second screen and 20 inch primary screen and I drag things
back and forth between the two when I want to see something on the big one.
But I readily admit I'm but a casual user so far. Oh and I'm running the
Stanford University Protein Folding distributed computing Fold At Home on
it. It doesn't have any problem running that while still doing everything
else. On my I7 chip Windows 7 system I have to throttle that ap way back if
I'm actually trying to do anything on it. Different video cards of course
and perhaps that is the issue.

Anyway, glad you have your system reconfigured to your liking John. Windows
9 is supposed to be out in April 2015 from what I hear.

GK

--
Gary Kjos
garykjos at gmail.com