[AccessD] Ramblings of a nutcase

Darryl Collins darryl at whittleconsulting.com.au
Tue Feb 25 20:27:18 CST 2014

I concur John,

Windows 8 reminds me of some needy types I have met.  In their attempt to be agreeable and please everyone, they end up annoying and confusing the hell out of all comers.  Windows 8 is really two OS's in one.  For example the Metro IE is not the same as the desktop IE - and they want the average user to 'get' that they are completely separate?  Talk about a bipolar approach.

I am waiting to see what windows 9 brings, in the meantime I keep using my Windows 7 OS disks for clean installs and getting folks to buy the required lic online.

Tried W8, didn't like it, wouldn't recommend it.

I also loathe the latest fashion of 'hiding' everything (such as menus, preferences, options etc).  Talk about dumbing down the system.

Regards
Darryl.