[AccessD] Problem of a listbox's response on network... Part 1

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sun Jan 26 16:57:13 CST 2014

Hi Shamil:

No, in this case I was talking about the front or display end of the application. I do think the business intelligence and data management is all back end stuff. If done right a good balance between BI and DM can be made...I tend to "weight" processing towards the BE data server. I like to keep a clear separation between FE and BE, starting at the AJAX call...and try to keep these types of pages separated.

As mentioned before, it is fun to build an ASP.Net application using VS (can be faster than hand coding), then go into the code dumping and separating the components depending on its location...client or server end. Though any automated building process tends to produce much more junk that useful code. It is not a pretty process but its fast (at least to build...not so fast to fix)...almost as fast as an MS Access application...and only takes four/five times as long...add to that bevelled and curved edges, field properties, shadows, background graphics, popup and help menus, images, smooth transitions and so on. ;-)

Good or bad idea?

What would you say is the best tool(s) set for building real, internet capable, applications with all the fancy and pretty interfaces, that customers now demand and expect and most importantly, will replace MS Access but for the browser?

I am leaning toward the Adobe suite...

Jim