[AccessD] The direction of data processing

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Mon Jan 27 03:55:44 CST 2014

Hi Shamil

Yes, and Hadoop even runs at Azure:

http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/documentation/services/hdinsight

/gustav

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com [mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] På vegne af Salakhetdinov Shamil
Sendt: 27. januar 2014 09:38
Til: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Emne: Re: [AccessD] The direction of data processing

 Hi Jim and Gustav --

<<<
What a moment to bring a potent Oracle server on its knees. That must have been a cup of coffee you never forget.

Oracle devs are known(?) to charge their Oracle servers with long running cycled SPs utilizing cursors - wasn't that the case?
As opposed to MS SQL T-SQL devs who mainly write set-oriented data manipulation SPs - so even when processing large data volumes they keep their MS SQL Servers flying... :)

As for NoSQL - Redis ( http://redis.io/ ) somehow keeps constantly popping-up in the IT-related stuff I'm reading - so Redis (and Hadoop) - are on first positions in my NoSQL bookmarks...

-- Shamil