[AccessD] The direction of data processing

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Mon Jan 27 13:24:54 CST 2014

Hi Shamil and Gustav:

It was mostly because I had full admin rights...everything requested was given full attention...if the priority had been set down there would have been no obvious problem but I would have wondered why the processing was taking days. Hind sight is twenty-twenty of course. ;-)

OTOH, the processing should have never bogged down like that. It was the database concept and implementation that had failed...I was just unfortunate enough to discover its limits at a bad time. I am sure many DBAs had run across those limitations and some decided, let's not just manage this, let's fix it...hence the new distributive database systems we have available today.

Right now this technology is in its in infancy. The installation process can be complex, the tools provided appear awkward and extracting and inputing data is not SQL. Things will get better...

Redis ( http://redis.io ) is very new and definitely interesting!

Is it possible that we are straying away from MS Access even though ADO transport may be able to connect to Redis. Now that will be a challenge for pass-through queries. ;-)

Jim