[AccessD] The direction of data processing

David McAfee davidmcafee at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 18:11:29 CST 2014

Gustav, they wont let you write sprocs but leave it open for you to write
any SQL command from the front end?
That sounds pretty scary to me.

Executing sprocs as PTQs are pretty easy as all you have to do is change
the QueryDef:

If they will let you, create a test sproc such as:

CREATE PROCEDURE stpSomeNameHere (@AsOfDate AS DATETIME) AS
SELECT * FROM vwSomeView WHERE SomeDate >= @AsOfDate

Modify the querydef as needed for the input parameter in Access:

Dim db As DAO.Database
  Dim qd As DAO.QueryDef
  Dim sSQL  As String

   sSQL = "EXEC dbo.stpSomeNameHere '" & Me.txtAsOfDate & "'"
   Set db = CurrentDb
   db.QueryDefs("SomeQueryName").SQL = sSQL

   Set db = Nothing