[AccessD] Somewhat OT: Satya Nadella's memo. Starting FY15 - Bold Ambition & Our Core

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Mon Jul 14 12:56:13 CDT 2014

Hi Guys:

Apple may have pillaged much of the Metro desktop design but their latest front-end, Yosemite, is clearly a knock off of the Linux GNOME interface. Imitation may be the sincerest form of flattery but considering that Apple was suing various Linux distros for emulating their current desktop design, it all seems like a bit of hypocrisy.

Personally, when it comes to the FE presentation manger, copy away or how are we going to advance.
(I have been using Microsoft's CSS and HTML scripts to build a new web site and so far it looks really nice...)

Jim