[AccessD] Skills Assessment - PL/SQL

Darryl Collins darryl at whittleconsulting.com.au
Tue Jul 15 21:28:13 CDT 2014

And don't Oracle distribute mySQL these days?  Although as Jim said, they are very similar.

For what it is worth Bill, in the interview I would focus on selling yourself on the concepts and your understanding of those concepts rather than the nitty gritty details.  If you can write and understand any SQL (or even code for that matter) and understand databases and normalisation then you have some good skills that are worth having.  Don't let the minor details cloud what you have to offer these people.

Deeply understanding the core concepts of data and how to manipulate it is where the value lies - So if you get stuck, I would really emphasis that point and focus on those skills.  It is not knowing every little quirk of the software language that is important - it is understanding what is possible, what can / should be done vs what shouldn't be done.  Frankly with Google, anyone can find out the answer, but understanding the issue is more important and valuable.

Anyway.  Good luck - let us know how you go.
Cheers
Darryl