[AccessD] Somewhat OT: Satya Nadella's memo. Starting FY15 - Bold Ambition & Our Core

Doug Murphy dw-murphy at cox.net
Fri Jul 18 12:36:29 CDT 2014

I don't think Googles existence is dependent on the Chrome browser. Their
power was first search, then collecting data from search and other services
they offer, one of which is Chrome. It would appear they saw how FU IE was
and stepped up to offer a safe, easy to use browser. I think their objective
is to make using the web as easy as possible and to offer lots of free
services that collect info. I have a Google app on my phone that allows me
to take a picture of just about any product, book, etc. and it will return
data on the item. This is the power of big data. The following article gives
some interesting insight. http://www.wired.com/2014/07/google_brain

Doug