[AccessD] Errors 3045 and 3027

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Wed Jul 23 18:09:28 CDT 2014

Sounds like permissions on the server rather than an Access issue.

You will get exactly this if the directory allows  Create but not Modify.

First problem:   No one can  modify the main data file.

Second problem:  The first user in can create the lock file, subsequent users can't modify it
so can't get in - Access thinks it has been opened "exclusive".  As soon as the first user logs
out, the lock file is deleted and another user can then log in and create a new one.

Cure:  Give all users nmodify rights on the directory.

--
Stuart