[AccessD] corrupt database - backup rather out-dated.

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sun Jun 1 11:30:50 CDT 2014

Hi Bill:

I feel for you.

I was in similar circumstances a number of years ago and the backup were very good and stable. Unfortunately, the backup system was using tapes and after a couple of months they were rotated. The system crashed on the very night the backup wrote over the previous nights work. Only a few days work was lost but it was a high security area and I ended up being grilled for hours. The core reason turned out to being caused by the government's senior system's administrator team, who added regular server upgrades to all the servers and then would reboot them, never noticing active database user still connected to server.

An aside: After that I never used bound databases again and never again suffered such a lost.

Are you absolutely sure you have made no recent backups?

Jim