[AccessD] corrupt database - backup rather out-dated.

Dan Waters df.waters at outlook.com
Sun Jun 1 12:38:03 CDT 2014

Hi Bill,

I was the most recent person to create a program to help resolve corrupt
databases.  There are undocumented functions named SaveAsText and
LoadFromText.  SaveAsText will take all the non-table objects and write them
to text files.  Then the reverse can be done with LoadFromText.  The idea is
to get the definition of the objects out of the 'corrupt' Access file, then
recreate these objects in a new database.

If you can send me an off-line copy (w/o tables if possible) I'll see what I
can do.

First, change the extension from .accdb to .pdf (this usually gets around
security checks).  Then zip the file and email it to me.  I can probably get
it back to you today or tomorrow morning at the latest.

If it's too large to email after being zipped, copy it to a blank disk and
let me know and I'll give you my address.

HTH,
Dan