[AccessD] corrupt database - backup rather out-dated.

Brad Marks bradm at blackforestltd.com
Thu Jun 5 11:07:13 CDT 2014

Bill,

Thanks for your reply.  You got me thinking about the situations where it would be beneficial to be able to record more detailed notes when a backup is generated.

I enhanced my backup script to include two text-boxes.  One for a short description and one for lengthy notes.  I used the AutoHotKey "GUI" feature for this.

The script now creates a "History" file which includes the date/time stamp, the file name of the backup file, the short description, and the notes field.

Below is the actual code.

I am glad that we exchanged ideas on how to do backups as I now have a better script that creates a history file.

Brad

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ AutoHotKey Code ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gui , Add , Edit , r1  W450 vShortText
Gui , Add , Edit , r30 W450 vLongText
Gui , Add , Button , gButtonPushed , Create Backup
Gui , Show
Return

ButtonPushed:
Gui , Submit , NoHide

FormatTime, VarTimeString,, ddd_MMM_dd_yyyy_hh_mm_ss_tt

MySource = C:\DBAM_Portal.ACCDB
MyTarget = C:\Backups of DBAM Portal\DBAM_Portal_Backup_%ShortText%_%VarTimeString%.accdb
MyHistory = C:\Backups of DBAM Portal\DBAM_Portal_Backup_History.txt

FileAppend Date/Time = %VarTimeString% `nBackup File  = %MyTarget% `nShort Description =  %ShortText% `nNotes = %LongText% `n`n`n , %MyHistory%

Filecopy, %MySource%, %MyTarget%,1

ExitApp
Return