[AccessD] Saving subform format

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Jun 10 10:28:49 CDT 2014

Hi Tom

You have reached one of the dark corners of Access.
Problem is that no event is raised when saving a datasheet view and no method is present to "save" the form if not in design view. Changes to a Datasheet view is considered a user action not relevant for the developer.

The simplest solution for your case, I believe, would be to replace the command button with a tab control with two pages, one for each subform. Then the user can switch back and forth as he/she likes using the tabs, and everything should be saved when closing the form.

/gustav