[AccessD] Using schtasks.exe to Initiate Access 2007 Report Job on a Server (from a PC)

Brad Marks bradm at blackforestltd.com
Wed Jun 11 08:23:42 CDT 2014

All,

For the past couple years, I have used schtasks.exe to initiate an Access 2007 Report Job that runs on a server (Windows Server 2003) from a PC.

We are now in the process of upgrading this old server to a new box which runs Windows Server 2012 R2.

Here is the command (on the PC) that used to work with the OldServer

schtasks.exe /S OLDServer /Run /TN Task1

I have tried numerous modifications, but cannot get this to work with Windows Server 2012.

Does anyone have an example of using schtasks to fire up a job on Windows Server 2012?

Thanks,
Brad