[AccessD] SQL server learning

Bill Benson bensonforums at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 23:29:14 CDT 2014

I finally have SQL server 2012 installed and am starting to learn a little
about SQL server management studio. I have not seen much T-SQL before so
watching all these complex scripts get written and dumped to the query
editor as I do things is pretty intimidating.

I thought I could cut my learning curve a bit by downloading the
AdventureWorks database. But that is a pretty sophisticated animal,  at
least in 2012 and later.

I think I have to take a step back and ask myself what I am trying to
learn. Telling myself I am trying to learn SQL server is a bit nebulous and
overly ambitious.

But when a job description says experience with SSRS and SSIS a plus ...
And I want the job... I want to at least demonstrate I can do something.

In case you are wondering if there is a question here... Not really. I feel
too I whelmed to even ask a question.

Aye aye AYE.