[AccessD] Maintenance Fees?

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sat Mar 1 19:36:16 CST 2014

Hi JohnS:

I prefer the maintenance agreement system. For a relatively small monthly fee long term support (like an insurance plan) can be afforded.

I have had many customers over the years with such contracts...one was over twenty-five years. The trick is to get the right billing amount...not too little so you do not get fairly compensated and not too much that the client sees no long-term advantage to the arrangement. Eventually, the monthly bill becomes little more than a utility...little more than a cost of doing business.

Jim