[AccessD] Ramblings of a nutcase

Jurgen Welz jwelz at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 3 13:37:41 CST 2014

I was happy until they started messing with the keyboard shortcuts.  Office began the downward spiral with the ribbon.  I used to be able to insert a row with alt i, r.  Now it's shift space, ctrl +.  It was 3 keys on a typical keyboard turned to 4 (one key with your hands away from the home row) and 5 keys with my laptop (add shift = to get the +).

I'd start any application I needed with the Windows key and a single other key (the first letter of the application- I'd just rename so the shortcut worked).

I fail to understand the need to lose the old capability.  It's not like it couldn't coexist.  Windows 8 is negatively impacting productivity and there was never any need for it to do so.  If the task bar takes up too much real estate on a screen, I can't help but wonder what braniac came up with the ribbon menu.  Put that on a 21:9 widescreen monitor..  I've taken to setting up dual screens with one vertical and one horizontal.

Ciao

Jürgen Welz

Edmonton, Alberta

jwelz at hotmail.com