[AccessD] Windows 8

John Bartow jbartow at winhaven.net
Tue Mar 4 14:09:21 CST 2014

Lol - we were just discussing curmudgeon the other night with some young
people. Wish I had this example to use  ;-)

I would agree with you on one major point. If we're going to have a "desktop
mode" then make like it was.
This little ditty (via Kathryn's referral) should help:  "Classic Shell"
http://tinyurl.com/lo3kbpk

Make your Windows Vista/7/8/Server computers look like you want - all the
same ;-)

I'd have to check into the "Live Tiles" settings a bit to see if there is an
option to turn them off when roaming about or using it as a hotspot. If you
don't want them to ever be "Live" there is an option for that.