[AccessD] Windows 8

Bill Benson bensonforums at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 20:51:20 CST 2014

The tale is in the numbers.

7 is the perfect number. 8 a crazy one, Google eyes at a 90 degree angle. 9
may be a universal number but trying to be all things to all people has
never worked.

Windows could have stopped at 7. I think Big Business and government will
conspire to leave MS in droves, and for good too, if MS "forces" them to
upgrade through dropping support for Win 7.

Win 8 is too radical a departure from what people want on the desktop, and
not (arguably) beneficial the way the ribbon was (a learning curve but some
benefit at the end of the discovery/learning curve). Win 8 offers no
benefit to users except change for change's sake. It was like putting a
bidet next to a sink so people who like to read on the toilet will want to
read in the kitchen (yes that makes no sense as an analogy and therefore
marvelously appropo).

I tried it and hated it, pure gilded crap.