[AccessD] MYSQL and msaccess

Kostas Konstantinidis kost36 at otenet.gr
Tue Mar 11 02:47:51 CDT 2014

Hi guys,
I have some problems with the mysql connection and how to make a
synchronization between two databases.
So I took the liberty to write to you in case you have any good idea.
I have already migrate my access, building an mysql database on an external
server (tables, views, queries etc etc...)
It works fine online but while I am trying to add or change data with a
connected ms access via ODBC, it presents a very very very long delay (more
than 10-12 minutes for every search)...
For that reason I thought I would do the following: a new job, building a
local mysql database in which access via ODBC real responses quickly and
Then after working and finishing local my daily records updates to make a
synchronization between server and local files... It sounds as a good
solution but that’s the point all the problems begin
Names of all remote tables begin with uppercase such as MT_films,
ST_peoplefilm  or T_actors etc and as it seems MySQL Workbench 5.2 CE (which
I use for that) after synchronization converts everything with lowercase
(mt_films, st_peoplefilm, t_actors etc) something means that  the sql code
on views and queries doesn’t work...
any good idea?
Do you know any other mysql synchronization utility do that?

best regards
/kostas