[AccessD] Link to back end that has ODBC links

Steve Erbach erbachs at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 08:17:11 CDT 2014

Jim,

Fortunately, there were very few workstations that needed the ODBC links.
My wife's been working on a shipping/scanning application for her new
employer and they're pretty happy with it. She tells me that the AS400 is
set up with sets of multiple physical tables containing the same data but
different sort orders. Interesting way to do indexing, I'd say!

Apparently a move is in the works for the company as a whole (offices in 35
countries Janet tells me) to switch to something like SAP or JD Edwards or
some such...but that's a couple years down the road. Looks like they'll
keep Janet around for more Access development.

Thanks for the help.