[AccessD] Unbound framework - was Re: Unbound Form Check For Changes

John W Colby jwcolby at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 08:21:34 CDT 2014

Jim,

I certainly appreciate that view, however there are valid reasons for sticking with Access as well.
Access has very real baggage and limitations, however it does some things really well.

1) Connecting to a multitude of data sources.
2) Quick and easy reporting.
3) Extremely fast generation of new forms.
4) Already in place and understood in many businesses
5) Already understood by our list members

And then there is the learning curve for moving to DotNet if Access is what you do.

I happen to have expertise in Access classes and frameworks, and so I offered to anchor a discussion
on building an unbound framework using classes in Access.  There may in fact not be any interest any
more.

John W. Colby

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it

On 3/24/2014 8:06 AM, Jim Dettman wrote:
>   I would have to add, I'd go with something other then Access as well.
>
>   If your going to go the unbound route, then at this point in time, then why
> would you bother to use Access?  The whole point of using Access is the
> features that are built-in, such as bound forms.
>
>   If your not going to bother with that, then you could just as easily using
> VB6/VB.Net/C# with Winforms and not get all the Access baggage.
>
> Jim.

---