[AccessD] Unbound Form Check For Changes

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Mon Mar 24 16:37:19 CDT 2014

Hi John:

Good point but today's reality is that virtually all (or all) data systems are asynchronous. This means unbound.

By the end of the nineties the whole concept of bounds objects was irrelevant. There just is enough server farms or broadband networking to support bound networks. Bound type databases networks because of this technology are very limited in size and with creation of fully capable ACID databases, unnecessary.

In all databases the only thing that the desktop needs to manage is changes, deletions and additions. How the back-end handles all that is not a FE concern. That is why the MDB should never be used in place of real database work as it simply does not have the capabilities of a real SQL DB....and needed to have bound data in order to function...it was dead tech as of twenty years ago.

Love your classes though and as soon as you have a fully function set of MS Access classes that support asynchronous databases count me in.

Jim