[AccessD] Chore Schedule

Bill Benson bensonforums at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 12:26:24 CDT 2014

David, a trivial seeming (but not so trivial) systen. I don't quite see how
to implement the free week concept, they can't all take their free week at
same time. And what happens if there are more chores than children, how is
this scalable? You cannot create weeks.

Thorny, I have tried already looking at it from a number of ways for about
45 minutes and actually gave up.

Could you think of a point based system, suppose trash is lighter work than
dishes, gets a value of 5 and dishes 10. The goal is to hit a certain
number of points before earning a free week. But even this is hard to
scale:  how do you ensure accountability (record and respond to defects and
half done chores), facilitate trading, add seasonal work. Worse, I STILL
had the problem when more than one kid wanted to use their free week or
banked more than one. So free weeks ought to be pre assigned, but how is
that gonna fit with everyone's busy schedule?

Good Luck! , it will be interesting to see how simple and elegant others'
solutions can be.