[AccessD] Should Business use Access?

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Sun May 4 19:28:45 CDT 2014

Right tool for the job.  Sometimes a vise grip is not the right tool even
though it can do lots of stuff.  Like driving a screw.  Vise grip - bas,
screwdriver - good.

So why does it have to be either/or.

Some of my long time clients:

1. sport fishing company
2. audio visual equipment rental
3. seed distributor
4. commercial real estate appraisal
5. steel service center
6. CPA course marketer
7. Carmelite Monastery
8. HVAC fabricator

All of these outfits are 2-6 users.  They DON'T want SQL or .Net.  They
don't have the support for those platforms.   They are blown away at how
fast an inexpensively I can deliver a working application.

Even my manufacturing app which goes into manufacturing companies from
startup to $20,000,000 or so. 2-10 users.  They DON'T want a DBA on staff.
SQL is overkill.  Access is perfect.

It's not for everyone and the range of companies may have changed over the
last 10 years.  But I love obsolete technology.  I works!