[AccessD] The most obscure question - alt coded symbol in a query result (check mark)?

Bill Benson bensonforums at gmail.com
Fri May 16 00:38:52 CDT 2014

I can think of some other ways to do this but I would like your input.

I have a listbox which I am populating with event descriptions and completion, and I would like a signal other then

                Completed

                                Yes

                                Yes

                                No

I would like

                Completed

                                √

                                √

Now, in case that does not display, it is Alt-251 which is a check-mark. If I enter that into a table record, it displays appropriately – indicating I could make this happen in the listbox using Short Text as a field type. I know I could also display a completion date instead of a Yes/No, but in this case I do not wish to.

I tried instead a rowsource like this: SELECT [ID], [Description], iif([Completed],CHR(251),"") AS Done FROM Events

And that is showing something like û  (I believe it is a “mu”?). Same if CHRW(251) instead of CHR(251).

I believe that √  (251) and û (0251) are quite different. Is there any function in Access that will return Alt-251 instead of Alt-0251 in a query?