[AccessD] How many redundant relationships?

Bill Benson bensonforums at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 16:02:39 CST 2014

I have a database, I will spare you a lot of the details - I am starting to
create the relationships. So, Company relates to a Phone number table,
relates to a Phone Type Table. Now, lots of scenarios have FKs to the
Company table, some more than one. For example, an order needs to be
shipped, so there is Purchasing Company and a Selling Company, so the
company table is aliased twice and joined to the order table via
FKPurchasingCoID and FKSellingCoID. Now, I have already in another area of
the Relationships area, defined the relationship between Company and Phone
and Phone Type:  so do I have to drag these tables in again as aliases and
create a relationship on their parts to the Company Tbl aliases that I just
related to the Order Table? Or does all the needed referential integrity
(Read:  Cannot have a phone number on a shipping manifest for an order that
will not agree to the phone number where that same company id appears in the
primary relationship of Company and Phone and Phone Type?) I hope I am
making some sense. I suppose I could just go ahead and enter some data and
test it out  :)