[AccessD] Data source question

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 13:34:20 CST 2014

I'm working on a main form that opens forms for input, editing, and just
browsing. Using OpenArgs (thank you), it works nicely, mostly.

One of the forms is based on a table, and passing the primary key using the
OpenForm's Filter argument works fine. The second form is based on a query
and the same structure isn't working.

 Select Case Me.OpenArgs
        Case Is = "Edit"
            Me.lblHeader.Caption = "Edit disposition details for " &
Me.GivenName

It's a compile error pointing to Me.GivenName saying the data member isn't
found. It's in the underlying query, but my guess is, because it's a query,
the Form Open event is happening before the filtered value is passed and
rendered -- just a guess.

The only difference is the underlying source -- table versus query. Would
that be the problem?

Susan H.