[AccessD] Windows 10...

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Sun Oct 5 06:45:04 CDT 2014

Hi Charlotte

Some things do improve. Recalling the install of WinXP where you went for coffee, this Win10 took exactly 9 minutes from boot to desktop.

The only touch device we have is a Surface Pro 2, and I won't clutter that with a preview version, so for the moment I use a VM in Win8.1.

Getting used to the large start screen of Win8x as I am, it's a strange mixed feeling of being locked in and meeting a ghost from the past when the new start menu pops forward. I won't say I hate it - if you run a locked down system with few option only, it may come in handy - but I much prefer the start screen; I quickly found the option to unmark.

However, the option to resize the RT apps is great. I have missed that for the PDF viewer.

/gustav