[AccessD] (no subject)

David McAfee davidmcafee at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 17:57:24 CDT 2014

So, I'm trying to figure out if my logic is correct.

I have a form with a couple of check boxes (chkEligibility & chkGathere).

I have 40+ possible steps/actionqueries that need to run.

Here is a very over simplified example:

Step  Elegibility Gathered
   1
   2
   3                        X
   4         X            X
   5         X            X
   6         X            X
   7                       X

(I'm not sure if the X's lined up correctly after the email gets sent
away...)
Steps 4,5& 6 are under eligibility, 3-7 are gathered.

So the way this works is:
Steps 1 & 2 will Always run
If chkGathered is checked, 3 & 7 will also run, but 4-6 will only run if
chkGathered and chkEligibility are both checked

If chkEligibility is checked, but Gathered isn't, only steps 1 & 2 will run.

I originally was using a procedure to change the queryDef based on two
different check box combinations, and I decided to just make one query
dynamic instead.

The following query DOES work correctly, but it just seems messy / ugly.

Is there a way to simplify it? Am I overlooking something obvious?

SELECT PKID, Step, Task, Action, Started, Completed, EligibilitySection,
GatheredSection
FROM tblMiniCostReportBuildSteps
WHERE
(Completed=0 AND EligibilitySection=False AND
(GatheredSection=IIf([forms]![frmBuildMiniCostReport]![chkGatherMode]=False,False,[forms]![frmBuildMiniCostReport]![chkGatherMode]
In (True,False))))

OR

 (Completed=0 AND EligibilitySection=False AND GatheredSection=False)

OR

(Completed=0 AND
(EligibilitySection=IIf([forms]![frmBuildMiniCostReport]![chkEligibilityMode]=False,False,[forms]![frmBuildMiniCostReport]![chkEligibilityMode]
In (True,False)))
AND
(GatheredSection=IIf([forms]![frmBuildMiniCostReport]![chkGatherMode]=False,False,[forms]![frmBuildMiniCostReport]![chkGatherMode]
In (True,False))));

Thanks in advance...

David