[AccessD] Ten most common tasks/problems in Access

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Sat Oct 18 11:03:13 CDT 2014

1 Creating popup forms to handle not in list events.

2. Building an interface for a many to many relationship (this is more of a
problem rather than a common task).

3. User security at form and record levels.

4. Saving and applying user preferences.

5. Saving and applying application settings.

6. Resource locking (keeping two users from doing the same thing at the same
time, like closing a G/L for the month).

7. I'd agree 100% on Office integration (Excel and Outlook mainly).

8. Creating a modern menu interface (ie. a side bar - there's no way to
control the main window well).

9. Producing what seems to be a standalone application (making it appear
that it's not Access driven).

Those are the top ones that bother me.   I'd also love to use more 3rd party
controls, but that is a problem with Access itself rather than one of
application design (#8 and #9 I guess are to really).

  That's all that springs to mind at the moment.

Jim.